Did you know?
- Approximately 5,000 earthquakes are recorded in Canada every year.
- Canada gets more tornadoes than any other country except the United States, averaging about 50 tornadoes per year.
- Approximately 85% of Canadians agree that having an emergency kit is important in ensuring their and their family’s safety; yet only 40% have prepared or bought an emergency kit.
Is your family prepared?
- By taking a few simple steps, you and your family can become better prepared to face a range of emergencies – anytime, anywhere.
- Natural disasters may be beyond our control, but there are ways to reduce the risk and the impact of whatever emergency we might face—whether natural or man-made.
Checklists for what goes into a basic kit and extra items, how to write an emergency plan and details on hazards across Canada can be found on the Emergency Preparedness web site at GetPrepared.ca.
For more information regarding Emergency Preparedness Week, please visit:
Public Safety Canada: http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/cnt/hzd/index-en.aspx